Keepass, a free password manager
Add Privacy to your password system: use a VPN such as VyprVPN: it provides Privacy (Prevent ISP throttling and keep your location private) and Freedom (Bypass restrictions with multiple worldwide locations) .
KeeP your Password Safe !
KeePass helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk
So you only have to remember one single master password or insert the key-disk to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
KeePass is a portable password manager for PC (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X), with ports available for Android, iPhone, iPad, and more. Let’s face it, most of us use the same password over and over to avoid password management but this practice is highly risky. It means if someone gains or cracks your password, they could log into any of your accounts, stealing data and jeopardizing your security. Having a separate, lengthy, and random password for every site is considered the best way to secure data. KeePass keeps every username and password pair in an encrypted database, protected by a single master password or key (the only one you have to remember). And it doesn’t store your database in the cloud unless you upload it there.
You can easily download KeePass for Windows and you can port it on a USB stick for most other operating systems. The interface is as busy as it is robust. For example, KeePass supports password groups for sorting passwords. You can drag and drop passwords into most windows or use a hot key to type your login information into windows automatically. You can also quick copy user names and passwords to the clipboard with a double-click on a field in the password list. And KeePass can import data from a variety of formats like CSV, while the password list can be exported to formats such as TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV.
- Strong security—KeePass uses AES encryption to encrypt its password databases, SHA-256 password hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, and more.
- Portable—KeePass is portable, carry it on a USB stick and run it or directly install it on Windows if you prefer desktop access.
- Easy Database Transfer—A password database, containing a single file, is easy to transfer between computers.
- Multiple user keys—Use a master password to decrypt the complete database or carry a key file with you.
- Powerful password generator—KeePass generates passwords based on character sets and patterns, with many options.
- Extensible—KeePass provides plugin architecture for advanced features and supports over 40 languages.
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android mobile devices, and more.